Happy Monday Beautiful People!
In honor of Lucas' birthday this week I wanted to dedicate this week's Make it Happen Monday to relationship building with our kids; primarily confidence building.
Children who have greater confidence and positive self identity are less likely to get taken advantage of, less likely to allow bullying to negatively affect them, or at least know how to navigate through obstacles.
Here are a few ways to help foster positive self identity:
1. Make eye contact with your children, acknowledge their words, give them a sense of validation. Reassure them that you are indeed listening and that their words have significance.
2. Use words that foster positive sense of self. Don't be mean, don't use words that cultivate a sense of fear or are destructive.
3. Give them tools they need to navigate. What are they good at? Help strengthen their skill sets and remind them that perfection is not the goal. Life is not perfect, you just have to try your best.
4. Be a leading example. If you want to foster respect, you have to respect them. Don't publicly humiliate children or demoralize them.
5. Enjoy these moments!! Life is fleeting be present; be here. Give love; be love <3.
Happy healthy living!!